Insurance Regulatory Watch – November 2023
Our Insurance Regulatory Watch provides you a clear and simple overview of the latest regulatory developments and publications in the insurance sector, in the domains of Regulatory Change & Compliance, Sustainability, Risk Culture & Governance and Financial Crime at the international, European and Belgian level.
Any questions or comments, or interested in a discussion on any of these topics, just get in touch!
- Regulatory Change & Compliance
- Risk Culture & Governance
- Financial Crime
Regulatory Change & Compliance
Focus areas : Brexit - Consumer protection – PRIIPs – Regulatory Outlook
- Wet van 23 november 2023 betreffende het Garantiefonds voor financiële diensten / Loi du 23 novembre 2023 relative au Fonds de garantie pour les services financiers
- Assuralia has published its new Code of conduct on Guaranteed income insurance, entering into force on 1st January 2024 FR or NL
- The FMSA has published its newsletter for insurance intermediaries on Cooperation with the Insurance Ombudsman FR or NL
Risk Culture & Governance
- The EIOPA has published its November 2023 Insurance Risk Dashboard: macro, markets and digitalization risks are insurers’ top concerns
- The FSB has published its practices paper on the identification of Critical Functions of Insurers
- The NBB has published its circular concerning inspection FR or NL
- The FSMA has published its conclusions on the investigation into the first overall risk assessment (ORA) reports and the expectations for future reports FR or The EIOPA has released its 2023 report on recent developments in cross-border business among IORPs within the European Economic Area (and its appendix)
Focus areas: AML/CFT - Financial Crime – Fraud
Focus areas: Cyber – Data Privacy – Technology / Data / Innovation – Information and Communication Technology – Open insurance
- The FSMA launches its DORA awareness survey FR or NL
- Cybersecurity: Member states agree common position on a targeted amendment to the cybersecurity act
The Ensur Insurance Regulatory Watch is not intended to serve as legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to form the basis of any decisions and you should not rely on its content for any purposes whatsoever.