Insurance Regulatory Watch – January 2023
Our Insurance Regulatory Watch provides you a clear and simple overview of the latest regulatory developments and publications in the insurance sector, in the domains of Regulatory Change & Compliance, Sustainability, Risk Culture & Governance and Financial Crime at the international, European and Belgian level.
Any questions or comments, or interested in a discussion on any of these topics, just get in touch!
- Regulatory Change & Compliance
- Risk Culture & Governance
- Financial Crime
Regulatory Change & Compliance
Focus areas : Brexit - Consumer protection – PRIIPs – Regulatory Outlook
- EIOPA’s consumer trends report sees progress on consumer-centric products with room for further improvement
Focus areas: Taxonomy – SFDR – CSRD – CSDDD – Sustainability preferences – Climate Risks – Greenwashing – Stress testing – ORSA – Protection Gap - …
Risk Culture & Governance
Focus areas: Business Continuity / Operational Resilience – COVID – Culture - Governance & Risk Management - Outsourcing – Recovery & Resolution - Solvency II
Focus areas: AML/CFT - Financial Crime – Fraud
- FSMA presents its quarterly dashboard on investment fraud: 'recovery room' scams continue to increase
- Circular from NBB - Periodic questionnaire on combating money laundering and terrorist financing
Focus areas: Cyber – Data Privacy – Technology / Data / Innovation – Information and Communication Technology – Open insurance
- Joint ESA published a joint Thematic Report on national financial education initiatives on digitalisation, with a focus on cybersecurity, scams, and fraud
The Ensur Insurance Regulatory Watch is not intended to serve as legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to form the basis of any decisions and you should not rely on its content for any purposes whatsoever.